Tuesday 15 April 2014

Spring around Prince George

 Now that the snow is melting away, it makes me want to get out and do stuff. I have to admit I'm not much of a Winter person so once Spring hits it really feels like I'm coming out of hibernation. I started to think about all the things I want to get out and enjoy.

This made me realize just how many things there are to do in and around Prince George. Last year at this time I made a list of things I wanted to do over the non-winter months. Some were things I enjoy every year and some were things I always wanted to do. I never did do them all, but the good news is that I can keep working on my list this year, although I have a feeling it is going to grow before it shrinks. I thought I would put together a list of things I've found, and share the top activities with you.
 One of the things that makes Prince George so great is the access to the great outdoors. Many people who live here already make the very best of what nature has to offer. There are some however who may not, and may not even know where to start. Hiking is the easiest way to get started. There are all kinds of hiking trails that are easy to access with many options depending on your skill level. You can get a piece of the wilderness right down town or venture out for a drive. Here are a few ideas to get you started:

Nature Walks:
1) Cottonwood Island Park
2) Forests For the World
3) Moore's Meadow Park


-These are all right in town and are very easy trails that do not require experience.

Hikes:
1) Eskers Park
2) Ancient Forrest Trail
3) Ferguson Lake

-These are located a short drive from town and are still relatively easy hikes.

Historic and Heritage Sites:
1) Railway Museum
2) Huble Homestead
3) Down Town Heritage Tour - Prince George Public Library


Fun Activities for kids:
1) Park Drive-In Theater & Go carts
2) Exploration Place
3) Noah's Ark


These are just a few of the things I could think of off the top of my head. There a are by far many more activities to get you out and about this Spring. Visit http://tourismpg.com/ for more idea's. I found that once I started mentioning my plans to others they started sharing their favorite things to do and the options are endless. Please share your favorite places so I can add to my list.

-Muriel Rolufs


No comments:

Post a Comment